Cherishing generations to come and past traditions, is a particular blessing of Anglican Care.
In the 1950’s, the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle observed that there would be an increasing need for aged persons. Allowing for flexibility of service delivery, a large parcel of land was purchased at Booragul which was to provide a secure place for care and support for the aged.
In the 60 years since this visionary decision by the Diocese, the name has changed; the excellent standards of care have evolved, as has the complexity of issues facing those living so much longer. Anglican Care has continued to thrive, to become the innovative and progressive aged care organisation that it is today.
From the few residents located at Booragul in 1956, the organisation now cares for in excess of 1200 residents and consumers and employs approximately 800 staff. This continued growth and expansion is in no small part due to the generosity shown by the many people who have devoted their time and energy to Anglican Care: volunteers, staff, family members, the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle, the local community and the Commonwealth Government.